Quin Woodward Pu combines creativity with data to deliver measurable, scalable results as a Growth Hacker. Her career in marketing has spanned across writing, advertising, publicity, and SEO, and she has worked in environments ranging from Fortune 500 to agency to startup. As a goal-oriented marketer, she is driven by helping companies increase their revenue using online marketing and automation. When not reading or writing about the latest digital trends, you can find Quin traveling, sailing, or at opera rehearsal.
In addition to being a passionate growth marketer, Quin is a writer, public speaker, and entrepreneur. She is the author of four books chronicling her life as one of the internet’s first viral bloggers. The Georgia native combines her passions for technology and storytelling in the emerging demand generation space. Quin has traveled the world presenting about marketing, Millennial entrepreneurship, and leadership.
3 Questions with Quin Woodward Pu
How did you get into growth marketing?
I started my career as a writer, and quickly learned what all writers come to know: you can’t support an expensive wine habit just by writing. So, I took my communications skills to the world of marketing. I started at an advertising agency that was leading the way in experiential marketing, and went on to consult to other ad agencies and startups. Along the way, I learned a lot about business and technology, particularly the importance of optimization and automation.
What do you love most about being a growth hacker?
I love helping clients do more with less; it’s what makes me a hacker. Helping clients “unearth” hidden cash by eliminating non-performing campaigns, whether they are ads or content or email sequences. I also love thinking creatively to help companies get in front of untapped audiences.
What’s your favorite marketing tool?
Of course I use Google Analytics (GA), but I really love digging into Google Search Console, and you don’t have to be a technological wizard to understand it, either. It’s a tool that tells you deliciously nosy things like what exactly people are typing into Google to see your website on the SERP (search engine results page). In addition to giving you some great insights on how people find you online, it’s also a fascinating place to see behavior trends of your consumer data set. Link it to your GA account for a very detailed overview of your web properties.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- DCTech Meetup, Marketing Automation
- DC Marketing Tech Talks, Lead Generation
- Vocus Users’ Conference speaker, (keynotes by Adrian Grenier and Randi Zuckerberg)
- Dallas Digital Summit speaker, (keynotes Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, Randi Zuckerberg, and voice of Siri Susan Bennett)
- National Press Club Zimmerman judge
- DC Entrepreneurship Week judge
- Augusta Chamber of Commerce keynoter
- LOMA Social & Digital Business Council Winter Meeting presenter
- United Women in Business Fall Conference panelist on digital entrepreneurship
- Social Media Week presenter
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITY
- National Press Club
- American Heart Association PULSE
- Courage for Kids
- Capital City Ball Executive Committees
- Junior League of Washington Alumni
- Pi Beta Phi Alumni